Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TMI? just let me know...

i had my 37 week check up today. 37 weeks?! i still can't believe i'm this close! i have been dealing with a lot of pressure below the equator, and it's a tad unnerving because i just don't remember feeling like this with jack. (i'm sure the last part of that sentence is going to be said a lot in the coming weeks.) and like everyone has told me, every pregnancy is different. i have not had the feeling like she is going to fall out, more like she is trying to push her way out. i have been experiencing an obscene amount of contractions, to the point of one right after another, taking my breath away and sending some numbness down the front of my legs. always nice when you have to stop mid-aisle in the grocery store to catch your breath. but, like the midwives have stressed this whole time; if you experience anything out of the norm, change positions, drink a glass of water, or lessen your activity to see if that makes a difference. and you know what, it does :)

based on everything i described to them this morning, they wanted to check me, to see what was happening with my, well, you know... baby girl's head is at zero station (woah.), 60% effaced and dilated to 1 cm. of course, none of this gets my hopes up because i have had girlfriends walking around at 5 cm for weeks! and with jackie, i had a check up on a monday, was not effaced at all and yet went into labor 3 days later. it gives me great comfort knowing that everything i'm experiencing is preparing my body for the arrival of sweet baby girl miebs.

the only person to be alarmed in all this is my mother, naturally. she is planning to arrive on march 18 and now she's not quite sure whether me and two babies will be picking her up from ted stevens int'l or just me and mr. jack. time can only tell...

2 comments:

  1. I am so so so excited! What a comfort to know that your body is doing what it needs to. I love your blog and thank you for sharing! Love you guys and I am just dying to see how beautiful baby girl is!
    Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment, sammi :) no one ever leaves comments! we are SO looking forward to meeting her... her birthday couldn't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete