Sunday, June 6, 2010

whirlwind weekend

saturday morning began with utter happiness, sort of like the excitement of christmas morning. the birds were chirping, the sun was shining, blah, blah, blah, all the cliches of a picturesque day, really. the jenkins were back in alaska. these two incredibly important people in my life, my second set of parents if you will, moved away to be closer to my cousins, their sons, down in the land of lights, camera, action!, movie stars and well, grandbabies. california. how sad was i the morning their truck pulled out of our driveway? i can't even put it into words, but i will say tears are forming in my eyes as i type! connie was the last of the corey's in ak. i guess in a way, my grandparents are still here, and i visit them most trips into anchorage, placing flowers, wiping away grass and debris from their headstones, along with tears from my cheeks. oh, how i miss them!

but connie and jeff, back in ak?! oh, goodie! seeing them pull into our driveway, parking in the same spot as when they left, i wasn't quite expecting the wave of emotion that rolled over me at first hug. my uncle jeff, this brilliant man who has been so much more than an uncle to me, and feeling the redness and tears develop in my eyes mirrored into his. and auntie. the words that fell out of our mouths were lost in the blubbering and yet somehow, was understood by us all. welcome home. they drove out to the valley and spent the better part of the afternoon with us. having them back into our home felt like, yes, this is how it should be. i could get used to this every weekend. i'd settle for once a month!












sunday morning, we got out of the house fairly early to hike the butte. another gorgeous day has been handed to us only by the heavens, for sure. we had to make the most of it. again, 60* day, blue skies, happy kiddos, perfection!














No comments:

Post a Comment