Monday, August 23, 2010

somethin' new

the hum of the freezer case is settling. the grinding of the coffee beans takes me back to high school when i would hear my mom just starting her morning. no one is talking, but the tables are filled. again, the clicking of the keys makes my mouth turn up at the corners. the aroma of baked goods and coffee hits the spot. i now know why so many people escape to a coffee house to write, read or just zone the heck out; i could get used to this!

the husband is being a dear and giving me some minutes to myself. i don't think my time here is much longer, but i had to share this moment of happiness in my life. i love my husband dearly. my daughter i could eat up with a big spoon and jack, well... we've seen better days. i always tell him (and myself) that tomorrow is a new day. i've said it before, i'll say it again, and likely again thank goodness he's so dang cute.

ooooh, and we've had thunderstorms TWO days in a row, followed by a plethora of rainbows. how glorious. and the fair starts on thursday. and my cousin's welcomed a baby boy today... oh my goodness, could life be any richer?! how blessed we are by the big and small.

love to you all.



...one of my hansa roses

1 comment: