Friday, February 25, 2011

anniversary

today is a special anniversary.  no, not one of births, weddings or deaths, but... blogging!  yes, i have been (fairly regularly) blogging for the last two years.  at this point in my life, the only regular task i complete is keeping my little humans alive.  and, i've learned there is no greater feeling than tucking the kids in at night and having the rest of the evening as grown ups only.  (even if it is just spent clicking away at these keys...)  isn't it always the little things that make us the happiest?! 

i remember when i first started this blogging bit.  ben was working out of town; i was spending my winter with another man jack, and it was a way for me to keep ben feeling like he wasn't 499 miles away in a bearing sea village.  just look how far we've come.  i want to insert a smiley face here.

blogging has not only allowed me to share my life and my children's growth, but it's allowed me to share my thoughts - usually at times when i'm at a loss for speaking them.  i've always been able to express myself through typed or written words much better than i have through voicing them.  and often, just getting the thoughts out and in front of me, i'm able to work through it by reflection.  what a relief.

thank you for reading.  here's to another 2 years.  and 2 more after that.

3 comments:

  1. Annie, I've really enjoyed your blog, especially now that I'm a new mom. I must say that with my husband being a resident & working as much as he does, there are times I feel like a single mom. Your blog is a nice reassurance of both the good times & the rough ones as well. It's nice to get your thoughts out there. I just wanted to let u know :). -Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 2 years! I am envious of your talent in communicating through type/writing.. as I seam to be quite the opposite.. yet most of the time have no one around to chat with to get it out. I've enjoyed popping in to take a peek @ your Blog every once and awhile.. as I always love to see your cute face and those amazingly beautiful children you made and work so hard to keep alive and happy everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh! thank you, gorgeous girls! it makes me happy to know i can make you happy!

    robyn, i have had a lot of time alone, feeling like a single mother (with financial support). it seems like "how can i do this?!" but what i've learned is that you just do - and that us women are a lot stronger than we think we are :) hang in there. with children, it's never stagnant. something is always happening and hopefully there's a bounty of smiles along the way.

    kayt, sometimes the blogging just flows and other times i really have to work at it! but thank you. i used to pick up the phone and lean on my friends, but any more, i choose to click these keys. you are so sweet, thank you for the comments.

    ReplyDelete