Tuesday, June 4, 2013

progress


so this has happened this many times.  oh, and one more time today, but i failed to capture it.  tess, falling asleep on her own, without a certain something smashed up against her face.  this is progress, right?

and, we lucked out - she stopped the nightly colic crying whenever i stated in one of my last posts.  i guess i was right; she started early and ended early.  i couldn't imagine her doing that into her 4th month.  feeling entirely blessed she has figured that one thing out.  now, if we could only move her into her beautiful bedroom...

i've decided (haha) that once she's able to self-sooth (i.e.: suck her thumb/fingers or replace a fallen-out pacifier) that she'll be handed an eviction notice.  this co-sleeping is insane.  now, i have learned my lesson on judging others, and if this is something you enjoy and have done it, i praise you for your willingness and ability to weather through.  but, this is sooo not for me.  i like my sleep.  i like my space.  i like sleeping on my belly.  therefore.  i miss my {sound} sleep.  i miss my personal bubble space.  i miss sleeping on my belly.  many things to look forward to in the months ahead.  until then, i am savoring the smell of baby hair with every inhalation.  the sound of her rooting.  her sweaty palm gripped on my v-neck tee.  her pacifier sucking is rather maggie simpson-esque.  and of course, the cooing and smiling i wake to each morning.  one day, before i know it, i'm sure i'll be pleading with her to snuggle me.  one day...





one of my mother's friends (but i'm sure we'd be friends, too) bought this adorable outfit for tess.  cupcakes, tutus, pink, bunnies - what isn't to LOVE!  so if you're reading this, jen, this collage is for you!  thank you!

  
more along the lines of progress - i finally got my act together and mailed tess' announcements - yay, me!  my girlfriend kayt of http://www.KAYTJOYCEDESIGN.com designed these fun announcements.  i'm so thankful for her patience, ability, artful eye, desire and understanding - thank you, sweets!  i mailed them last week, but if you're not on my holiday card mailing list, leave me a comment with your addy!  the back of the announcement is full of cute pictures as well.


lastly, dylan got the boot - she's now out of my hair the house on fridays with her brother.  big girl!  with jb starting school in the fall, i wanted them to attend together, if only for a few months.  she was incredibly excited.  the kids wore their matching muppet t-shirts and brown bottoms (skirt for her, shorts for him) and happily carried their skip-hop lunch totes (jb has the monkey, she picked her owl).  dyl only fussed briefly, but i think it had more to do with not being able to eat her lunch as soon as we walked in the door.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Annie!

    I received your announcement-such great pictures of all of you and what a beautiful, precious little girl Tess is! Congratulations!

    I've enjoyed perusing through your blog and all the great pictures. You guys are a lovely family. God bless you all!

    Jennifer and Rob Williams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, jennifer! we really should try to get together again. the kids had such a great time at your place. so many fun things to do!

      Delete