Friday, January 6, 2012

holding out


years ago, i had made up my mind that 20 degrees was my cut off for outside play.  with the kiddos.  yes, that's my excuse.  because the baby(ies) will get cold.  really though, i'm not much a fan of it.  i'm always cold.  my hands?  icicles coated with skin.  (ewww. sorry.)  i wear slippers all day, every day.  with socks.  inside my home at 68 degrees, i'm bundled in a sweatshirt or (no, and) legs curled up to the side under a blankie.  i can't help myself.  i get cold.  so the idea of voluntarily throwing myself into the elements, i'm not too fond.  nope.  

our winter has been a delight, however.  we've had more snow than we've had in 5 years.  i'm loving every inch of it.  and being the homebody i am, it gives me more excuses to just stay tucked away inside.  (i'm marveling at the fact that my dear husband works in the shtuff year round, no matter what the temperatures.  and ironically, when the weather's at its worse, he's usually out getting lights and heat back on.  bless him.)

but despite my love of the fluffy white stuff, i loathe the bone-chilling temps in the single digits.  (and don't get me started on the negative degrees...)  we must be in week 3 of this brutal "snap."  can you call it a cold snap if it's been this long?!  so i gave up.  i broke my 20 degree rule.  i could no longer hold out.  glancing at the thermometer and shuddering at the 8.2 degrees the day was offering, i thanked the good Lord for the sunshine and blue skies.  we likely spent more time zipping and cramming feeties and phalanges into the appropriate boots and mittens, but that doesn't matter.  what matters is that i have two sleeping babes right now.  jb hasn't napped in days.  i repeat DAYS.  so dammit, if i have to drag myself them outta the house every day just to squeeze a 2 hour snoozefest outta them - I WILL.  happily.         


glorious snow

 snow's almost over her head
 can you hear her saying hi




                                   

they're a crack up
 love the tongue.
 from smiling to this face.  
in a split-second.  
my daughter.

 self-portrait for the day.
oh, she's trouble.

 attempt at a snow angel

 the copy-cat.
 the grizzly is under there somewhere...

 simple pleasures.
love these little snow craters.
 being thrown in the snow has the same affect as being thrown onto a sofa: giddy elation


 curious...
 YUM!


 seconds.



No comments:

Post a Comment