Thursday, February 7, 2013

33 weeks.

i'm 8 months already.  that's 8 months down, 2 to go.  40-some odd days left.  maybe.

i'm feeling large.  waddle-ly.  i go from uncomfortably full to a crazy-famished stupor in a 5-minute period.  i've been measuring a week and a half ahead for several months now... maybe i'll be lucky enough to go early.

ah.

that's it - i've jinxed myself.  but, i would like to put it out there in the blogosphere that i've gone on a due date, and i've gone 13 days late.  i think it's time to go a little early - for everyone's sake - especially my dear husband's.


i keep a fairly clean home.  i know everyone warned me that this habit would fall to the wayside once i brought kids into the mix, but if anything, i've just become a little more ocd, with a droplet of neuroticism when it comes to germs, sanitizing and overall order.  

there's no way to keep on top of the mess the kiddos create with all their trucks (jb), puzzles, books, purses & doo-das (dyl), and of course the plethora of blankies and lovies that get dragged out during the day.  i can deal with that because both kids are great at cleaning up after themselves.  

but.

the dusting has always been my kryptonite.  i remember so far back as to bargaining with my brother "matt, i'll do everything else, if you just do the dusting..."  i guess i still have some years before i can do that with the kids.  

yesterday, it hit me like a mack truck:  lights, plants, cabinets, fans, vents.  must.  clean.  now.  i spent nap time and well into the dinner hour, cleaning my kitchen, top to bottom.  well, no.  not quite bottom.  i noticed when i was pulling out my pots and pans for dinner that the cupboards needed to be vacuumed inside.  that will just have to wait for a later date.  gotta save some fun for later...

i just about worked myself into labor.  i wouldn't know this for many hours later, of course.  i took apart my pendant lights, dusting the fixtures all the way up to our vaulted ceiling.  it was at this time, i noticed the ceiling fans - got those, too.  then, while i was up on my pedestal (see: stool) i caught glimpse of my philodendrons - oh, the humanity.  i usually clean these buggers when i can place them on the deck and shower them off with the garden hose.  but, my deck is covered with snowfall.  and it's only 20+ degrees outside.  so what did i do?  cleaned what i could in the sink, and then, wiped off each individual leaf while sitting on my bum.  the kids came in and out of the kitchen with their own versions of WTH! while i joyfully wiped and listened to iTunes for the better part of the afternoon.  feeling quite serene and collected.  oh, the insanity of a pregnant woman.  


i finished my chores for the day (ok, evening) by vacuuming and wiping down the tops of the cupboards and the large vents in the hallways and bedrooms.  up went the plants, back to their warm and cozy home, pretty leaves glistening with newfound sheen.

after dinner clean up, bedtime stories, toof brushing and smooches, i spent the evening, counting my braxton hicks and wondering if my water was going to burst.  pressure.  oh, the pressure!  my night ended with husband patting me on the head and tucking me into bed.  he made me promise to sit on my butt today.  hence, a blog post!

the cabinets sure are calling me today though...

No comments:

Post a Comment