Monday, July 8, 2013

hatcher pass, independence mine

on erica's last full day, we really had to pack it in.  you know how the last day of vacation goes:  everything gets crammed in!  so, we took off early that morning and hiked the butte.  i'm happy to say that was my first time ever hiking it without children.  zow!  and i learned something: those little heathens are built-in pacers.  i was huffing and puffing before we were even out of the brush.  as always, we were rewarded at the top with gorgeous 360 degree views.  once again, in my excited effort to get out of the house without children, i forgot my camera at home.  what?!  so, i'm nabbing this from erica's photos...



we no sooner returned home when we were off and running again.  hatcher pass.  independence mine.  great for a drive, photo opportunities and of course, the scenery.

future mt. marathon-er, i'm sure.







erica, i miss you already!  i really can't express how happy you made me by visiting my family!  thank you for loving on my children, reading them stories, listening to their stories, cleaning my kitchen and for however many coffees.  come back soon, and next time, bring those cute girls and husband!  xx

2 comments: