Thursday, May 13, 2010

ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on...

you know how your mother always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? well, that's where i'm at. i haven't blogged in a while and that's because i guess i don't have much of an update to share.

jack is still testing me to my limits. i recently purchased a book called the happiest toddler on the block and a dvd to go with it. i am hoping it has some helpful tips, like the first version the happiest baby on the block did for me. someone recently shared with me that boys start out hard and get easier and girls start out easy and get harder. hmmm. i'm just hoping that at some point both my kids like me and that i don't feel like such a failure every day. this is common, right? i know i'm not failing, but when you can't seem to say anything to your toddler without him throwing himself to the ground and whining, you feel like where did i go wrong, right??? anyway...

it's so hard. have i said that before? it is! no one told me it was going to be this hard! there are so many people out there with multiple children and they look sane, but man, i feel like a crazy lady. i feel like i can't make anyone happy these days, someone's always crying about something, and i'm always hungry, tired and smelling like rancid milk. ok, enough. the pity party will end now.

dylan had her 6 week check up today, just a few days early. she is now 10.12 pounds. goodness! (she was 7.3 at birth.) she is getting cuter by the day, i swear. chubby cheeks and a double chin, i know i said it before, but gosh she's just delicious!

how about some pictures? let's end this on a happy note.






and let's not forget dear jackie...




2 comments:

  1. I feel for you Annie! Grant is in the whiny phase and it takes nothing to get on my nerves! I have heard from many people that once they hit the age of 3 it gets soooo much better. I hope they are right. We'll see in 6 months! I feel like I used to have all the patience in the world but now that there are 2 little people in the house, I'm out numbered during the day and someone always wants/needs something. The good news is, we know that there is a light-a very dim light it seems at times-but it's there and all this will end eventually. I wouldn't change a thing and I'm sure you wouldn't either but I totally understand where you are coming from. It's nice to know I'm not the only one that feel that way :o) It's hard being a Mommy and it's the only job in the world that doesn't pay in money but in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Erin! They mean A LOT to me! I pray that 6 months will bring a happier Jackie. Dylan is only 6 weeks old today, and I feel like time is just barely ticking by... whereas with Jack, I was like "woah, where did the last 6 weeks go?!" It's so frustrating at times, but I love my babies so much and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete