Monday, July 4, 2011

date.

a jack and mama date, to be more specific.  and anymore, i can't really think of many times it's just me and bubs.  normally, you-know-who has to tag along.  (insert peals of laughter)  not that i don't thoroughly enjoy my time with the dil, but lately, she's not too much fun to bring into stores.  or, ride in the truck.  or carry.  or attempt to control and contain.  the girl is busy.  she wants to run.  she wants to go, and she doesn't want to be detoured or taken by the hand or any other gesture of the sort.  so because of all this, she got kicked to the curb - nana's curb to be exact - allowing the former duo known as jack and annie to scurry about anchor town.

first stop: the zoo.  i'm goin to the zoo, zoo, zoo, how 'bout you, you, you...  when i whispered into jb's ear that it was gonna be just mama and jackie going to the zoo, he asked you no push stroller?  no duey?  and when i answered no to both, he quickly asked can we run the zoo?  i love how the selfish toddler mind works.  although, we weren't 2 minutes out from nana's when he quietly muttered i miss duey in her car seat.  oh!  did you just hear that - that was my heart bubbling over with love.  jackie b.  i knew my little lover would return one day.  he loves his sister so much.


 lupine

 yummy-delish lilacs

 the adult brown bears are quite intrigued by their new buddy

 this cubbie came to the zoo as a rescue; 
just moved this week from the infirmary over to sharing a wall with his kind

 female and male (in front)
 columbine






      
after the zoo, we made our way across town to one of my favorite places: titlewave books.  now, a year ago, i would have laughed at the idea of going into a book store with mr. bubba.  if the store did not have shopping carts (with restraints, errr, i mean, seat belts) this girl was not going in.  but again, insert my book title what a difference a year makes.  jackie stuck by my side, then found himself snuggled on my hip, smooching my cheeks and playing with my earring, telling me i miss yooou, mama!  i quickly found and grabbed the reads i was in search of, and we made our way over to jb's section where we loaded up on berenstain bear, mercer mayer and even a few olivia books - all of his current favorites.



i can't wait for our next date.  
one-on-one with my little man sure is a joy.  

2 comments:

  1. Grant and I had a Mommy and Grant day this past Saturday. So much fun to hang out with him now that he's older and can actually converse!

    All of those books you bought-aside from the Elizabeth Berg-I own and enjoyed. I love Emily Giffin. Have you read her most recent, Heart of the Matter? Highly recommend it. It's been awhile since I've bought an actual book, I have a kindle and LOVE it although I do miss physically turning the page. There is just something about holding a book, turning the page and the smell of a new-or used-book. Happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after i posted my plethora of blogs yesterday, i was on facebook and saw your post about your date! i cracked up!

    my mother in law told me about emily, so i eagerly snatched up what was available at the used book store. i knew she had five books out, but it'll take me a little bit to get through my new stack. and elizabeth gilbert is the author of eat, pray, love. i knew she wrote a book before her big hit and i just now found it.

    ReplyDelete