Wednesday, January 8, 2014

day 8

one of the best happenings to come out of 2013 - meeting jen.  i think back, she met me when i was at my lowest of lows.  i had seen her a few times at gymnastics, juggling her three boys, and i remember thinking, oh my, that's going to be me.  SOON.  

after tess' arrival, right smack dab in the middle of my postpartum depression, i would put on a brave face to take my son to jump and tumble, somewhat manage my redhead, while the newly minted brunette would fuss and cry (ok, scream) and i would want to join her.  during one of those tuesday mornings, jen grabbed tess from my arms and tears filled my eyeballs from bottom lid to top - just like a cartoon character.  here, i had met her in just previous weeks, spoke to her with a hellohowareyou, and yet, we had this connection.

i'm so grateful for her friendship.  

on this late afternoon, her oldest boy was celebrating his 6th birthday.  we met up at our local fro-yo stop.  i must say… gabe's in trouble; he's got himself an admirer.  and please, ignore the kid in stripes - disney flick that he's never, ever, not once watched before… right…







2 comments:

  1. you are incredible! I could not be more thankful for our friendship! finding you and our instant bond over 3 babies and the blues they give us (covered by the rainbows they create for us) was a blessing for me. ur friendship is what I have craved since I moved up here! I cannot wait to share this crazy adventure called mommyhood with you and watch our crazies (wait, did I say that) grow up. you made tears spring from my aquaducts with this beautiful post! I puffy heart you sweet friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, you're incrediblerrr! it's funny how people come into our lives. at just the right time. right? i refer to my 3 as crazies on a regular basis. so, yes - i hope you did just say that! so much LOVE right back atcha!

      Delete