Sunday, March 16, 2014

day 75

i feel like it was just yesterday when these ten little toes were small enough to be cupped in my one hand. he's nearly six and a half years old, and while most of those years gone by were challenging, to put it very, very nicely, he's still the sweet, kind-hearted boy he's always been. maybe more. 

where he use to totter over to me, pulling at my pants or lifting his arms to be picked up, now, he about knocks me over, wrapping his arms around my waist, his head hitting just below my sternum - he's tall! 

i remember gazing at him as an infant, laughing-thinking one day he will throw an arm around my shoulder, looking down at me. that day is closer than those infant years so long ago, but yet, i know i still have plenty of time to pull him into my lap and wrap my arms around his whole body.

he's still my baby boy.  always will be.  


they just know to do this. pure instinct. 


No comments:

Post a Comment