Monday, March 24, 2014

day 83

sometimes, my kitchen looks like this. for days. half-emptied dishwasher (ok, which was clean, which was dirrrty) and not enough sippy cups to make it through a day...


and even when i tell myself i'm cleaning the kitchen as soon as tessie wakes up, i don't. i get down on the floor to help dylan with one of her big brother's floor puzzles. or i chase buster, while making a quacking duck noise, really freaking him out. or i snuggle with beanie and rub her pig ears. or jb is acting out which really means he needs a hug and some one-on-one attention.

it's really true: when things are pristine and in order (oh, you know my love of order) it means something else is lacking and getting neglected. i thought i would be one of those moms with a house just as clean as pre-kiddos, but it's not a reality. when my house (and kids!) are all put together, it likely means i haven't showered for a few days - more the case as of recent than i'd like to admit.

let the dishes (and laundry!) pile up - i'm loving on my small humans while they still fit in my lap and allow me to squish their face as i like.

No comments:

Post a Comment