Saturday, May 12, 2012

10k

yep, i completed 6.2 miles.  and not only that, but i ran the whole darn thing - even sprinting up the hill at the end.  i couldn't believe how great i felt.  i couldn't believe how well i did (for me).  this was the perfect boost to my confidence for the upcoming half marathon.


it's just 6 weeks away.  i like that it's approaching; i feel strong during my runs; i no longer get winded - but i'm still doubting my body, or rather, am i doubting my mind?

for the past 6 weeks, i've been running an average of 15 miles per week with saturday being what i refer to as my long run day.  the miles increase every saturday in 1-mile increments.  (today, this saturday, i am running 8 miles.  next week, 9 miles, etc.)  during the week, usually tuesday, wednesday, thursday, i'll run a 5k or if i'm feeling extra excited about my run, i'll do 4.5 miles.  so far, i'm not moving far from the 30-35 minutes for a 5k or the 40-43 minute mark for 4.5 miles.  that 10-minute mile pace obviously works for me.

...but it is nice to see that in a race, i can pick up my pace and run a 9:40!

 


1 comment: