Thursday, May 31, 2012

ten miles

on saturday, i completed a 10 mile run.  it felt like a pretty big accomplishment.  when i first started training in march, i remember littering my calendar with to-do written miles.  when i reached the weeks of double-digits runs, it just seemed impossible.  i'm so thrilled to say that i ran 10 miles in 1:39:23.  just a few minutes off from my nine mile run last week.

when i finished the run, the sweet lady on my nike+ announced my workout was completed.  usually that's it.  this time, someone else recognized my achievement...

congratulations!  this is lance armstrong and you just completed your longest run to date.    

thanks, lance.

i'm getting there.  just a few weeks until the big day.

for my efforts on saturday, this is how i rewarded myself, post-race.  45 minutes of soaking.  i even managed to not end up with any tiny humans, taking up my tub space.  that doesn't happen too often.


tomorrow, i run skinny raven's twilight 12k.  last year, i ran the skinny mini 6k.  considering my past 9 and 10 mile runs, i should have no problem (fingers crossed) running the 7.5 miles.  i ran 6.2 miles in just under an hour, so hopefully, i can keep close to that hour-mark.

but really, i don't care.  i'm just addicted to the finish.



and, i will find out tomorrow night...  

No comments:

Post a Comment