Tuesday, May 22, 2012

nine. miles.

{ferris bueller quotes are forever in my head.  nine times?  nine times.  NINE times...}

yesterday was long run saturday, and i completed 9 miles in 1 hour, 33 minutes and 55 seconds.  about.  joke.  before i go any further, i need to thank a few people.  i'd like to thank dylan for taking a nap so mama could run solo.  i'd like to thank ben and sean for keeping jb safe while i ran solo.  i'd like to thank my momma for advising me to forget about last week's run and to just focus on this week.  (last week, my attempt at 8 miles turned into, well, an attempt.  i could only run 5.5 miles before the hunger took over.  like, i was so hungry it hurt to swallow.  major bummer.)  i had to just let it go.  it was a new week.

i'd also like to thank these following people for entertaining me and keeping my spirits up throughout my run.  with my itunes on shuffle, i had a nice balance of fast and slower songs.  i try to really pick up my pace during faster songs.  then, when i get one like belle, i slow down to the pace at which i could run forever.  (thanks, mom.)  it made me smile to get songs like chasing pavments, i won't back down and runaway baby.  i know, i'm a nerd.    

queen + paul rogers - reaching out
jack johnson - belle
mariah carey - beautiful ones
the beatles - sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
sheryl crow - anything but down
anuhea - fight for me tonight
bonnie raitt - i can't make you love me
bruno mars - runaway baby
jay-z - do it again
floetry - floetic
jack johnson - drink the water
mat kearney - in the middle
james morrison - wonderful world
gwyneth paltrow - country strong
lupe fiasco - superstar
van morrison - bright side of the road
sugarland - wide open
linkin park - figure.09
drake - buried alive
kanye west + jay-z - gotta have it
adele - chasing pavements
fleetwood mac - rihannon
tom petty + the heartbreakers - i won't back down
gary portnoy - cheers theme song
common - i want you
linkin park - forgotten

tomorrow marks one month month until the mayor's half marathon.  i'm still nervous but excited.  i'm feeling prepared but not quite.  i spend time visualizing the finish, and it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment