Tuesday, April 19, 2011

little people


did you have these when you were little?  fisher price little people?  my mother, bless her, packed in her suitcase my tudor house from when i was a little bitty .  talk about nostalgia.  (i may or may not have played with it before allowing jack.)  just recently, this has been THE toy for the kids.  they love it.  jack likes the autos, naturally.  and just like when i was little, dylan gravitates toward the baby.  every.  time.  in the morning, i open up the house, and next thing i know, she's pulling on my sweatpants with one hand and clutching the baby in the other.  ben recently held up two people: one being the baby, the other being the mommy... baby wins out every time.  love her.  oh, her birthday pictures?  take note.

is it silly to say they just don't make 'em like they used to?  seriously.  and i know this because i've recently been on ebay to purchase more little people, and i'm not the only crazy going after these classic toys.  i lost a bid for the sesame street brownstone with all the people/muppets, including mr. hooper, susan and gordon.  my top bid was $30... what did it go for?  93 fat ones.  for reals.  but, i have managed to add another tudor house to our collection.  super cute yellow one.  jack, of course, likes this one now.  "it's my favrit, mama."  we are also checking our mail regularly because the parking garage was also a winning bid for this mama.  (shout out to my moms for doing the actual bidding, as i was out and about!  rookie ebay mistake, always check ending times!)
    
 she dropped this little boy in that tube for over 5 minutes.  
completely fascinated.
 of course the red head is running things! 
jackie's already learned.
new vehicles
 franklin (muppet) and grandma!
 this has to be jack... right?

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh those things were my FAVORITE! Did you have the house with the brown roof and the blue doorbell that you had to flick to make work?! This totally just made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, annie! that's the one they were fighting over! now, jackie plays with the yellow house, and dylan plays with the brown one. it melts me, seeing both my kiddos enjoy something that i SO did :) oh and both houses have the same doorbell, and they both still work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie - here's an ebay tip: http://www.auctionsniper.com . I've used it a bunch in the past and it works great! I think you get some free snipes when you sign up.

    ReplyDelete