Tuesday, February 21, 2012

back post #4

november 2011


i had the alterations for my gown today.  would you like to know how long it takes to pin, cut (and pin again) a HUNDRED yards of tulle?  three hours.  whew.


once she finished trimming (when i initially saw her break out those scissors, i just about had a conniption!) and pinning, i had to do the walk.  yep, in front of all the mirrors, and worse, in front of all those people.  it was saturday, for goodness sakes.  i couldn't have planned this better?!  couldn't have scheduled a mid-week, middle of the day, alteration?!  crumb.  it's no wonder ben and i weren't more traditional - there's no way i could walk down an aisle with hundreds of eyes on me.  there were about 10-15 people out in the mirrored area, but my focus had to be on my dress; if it dragged, was it still too long, were my toes stepping on it, etc.  a few more pins, and we were good to go.     

lynn and i were giddy with excitement.  it will be weeks before i see my dress again.  but oh!  it will be months before i can wear it again!  it's weird though.  i get so excited about this wedding planning, but then i push away my excitement with feelings that this is all so unnecessary.

i keep reminding myself:  i wore slacks.  my parents didn't see us say our vows.  my brother wasn't there.  no one gave me away.

it's still months away, but i can hardly wait to marry ben all over again.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment