Wednesday, March 9, 2011

oregon, part 3

without blurring my vision and getting too emotional, i will say that seeing my grandmother's sister on the 11th anniversary of her passing, meant A LOT to me and my mom.  i spent the majority of our visit at the park across the street with mr. busybody, but just being able to see helen and hear her voice (i think she sounds SO much like grandma pat!).  and, some of her mannerisms are so similar to her younger sister.  gives me the chills - in a good way.

so much has happened in 11 years.  gosh, where to start.  leaving ak, then returning.  grandpa's illness.  ben.  building our home.  our children.  having to say goodbye to both grandparents in (what i think) such a short amount of time, just really, really, really hurts.  i was talking to a good friend of mine who lost his father in june.  same age as me, had to bury his father.  i know grandparents are not the same as parents, but we both witnessed death up close and personal.  watching someone exhale and never inhale again is something you will never forget.  he said he's just now feeling like it's real, and i had to shake my head at that.  there are still times where i want to pick up the phone (243-0680) and call them!  11 years later and to still have that thought.  the amount that i miss the corey couple cannot even be measured.  ah, too late!  my eyeballs are swimming...  

helen was taken with miss dylan
love this one.
park across the street, thank goodness.
fuzzy trees make me smile
oregon has the best trees
cousin cindy and gramma d
back in the van, sacramento bound

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet...I know what you mean! My gpa passed when we were 16 and everytime I see his brother it's super emotional for me. His brother and I had breakfast the morning of my wedding, and we went to see them in Iowa last May...it was so crazy seeing him hold Olivia....knowing everything my gpa was missing. Big hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. staci, THANK YOU! you are so sweet. i love your story. i hate that you lost your g'pa at such a young age, but i'm glad you understand :) big hug back at cha!

    ReplyDelete