Tuesday, June 14, 2011

boo.


am i done yet?  i really think i've put in my time this year for germy-germs.  i mean, for reals.  i no sooner swallowed my final penicillin dose (wednesday) when sore throat #2 returned.  friday night, i was kicked to the curb with my frenemies; maybe you know them - fever, sore throat, and that jerk, mr. body aches?  at least you've heard of them.  and wouldn't you know it, the 5 mile run for women was to start in mere hours.  i don't think i could have participated if being pushed in a stroller.  when you're sick, you're sick.  at least i am.  there's no go along to get along.  there's no oh, buck up.  there's pillows and blankies and sprite and leave-me-alone.  



so needless to say, i was not able to participate in the run.  i was really looking forward to it, too.  my aunt picked up my bib and timing chip; my sister lory grabbed a t-shirt and tribute sign to wear on my back; i found a pink ribbon for my hair and painted my nails the perfect shade of pink.  i was fully committed - i just needed to move my legs 26,400 feet.  ah, well.  there's always next year.

so, commence (again) day one of meds.  (i visited the urgent care on saturday but the rapid strep test came back negative.  fast-forward to this a.m. and my 9 o'clock phone call was to inform me that i do in fact have strep.  nice...)  oh, and i failed to mention dylan has the streptococcus too.  the difference between my kids when they're sick is quite simple.  jack will truck on through (literally) while dilly wants to cuddle, savor her thumb(s) and breathe in the sweet (sour) smell of her blankie.  

last night was a rough one.  we met just after 3 am, then just before 4, and then at 4:30, i finally turned on the boob tube to watch back-to-back episodes of cupcake wars.  the girl was just content to sit with her mama.  (and you know i was soaking it up too!)  i finally laid her down at 5:30, just in time to see mr. dada leave for work.

the amazing thing about kids when they're ill?  their spirits are usually up!  how crazy.  i'm like the grinch who stole the weekend; i'll bite your head off if you look at me wrong.  but not my sweet baby girl.  here she is, right after bath time.  temperature of 100.4 and running away from me, squealing, deciding that now is the perfect time to learn to climb and descend the stairs.  of course!   

 giant baby!
 my love for after-bath hair is indescribable!

 how much does she love her brother?!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment